Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Concealers: Maybelline Fit Me and Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer

Hello people! Okay so I'm getting sick (headache, sore throat and my eyes hurt when I look up for some reason...) but I persevered and here I am trying to get a review up for you guys. So as you can probably tell from my title, I'm going to talking about concealers today so this doesn't even qualify as a review I guess :)

Concealers: they're made to conceal any imperfections/blemishes/red spots that you may have on your face. The two concealers that I have is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer. So as you can see from the picture below, the two different concealers have really different shades and I personally use them for different things. And I apologize for the bad lighting, I felt sick so I didn't feel like getting up to take photos (but then the swatches turned out yellow so I absolutely had to move)
 This first one below is the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Blemish Concealer and I own the lightest shade Buff (09). In most drugstores when you buy products, they let you play with a tester but Neutrogena products are fully packaged/sealed so I guessed my shade. Since it's a concealer, I think its generally better to have it lighter than darker anyway. So it has a strange sponge type applicator with a hole in the middle where the product is dispensed. This does allow for decent precision when applying and since it's surrounded by stiff sponge, it's decent at blending. I actually bought mine in a shade too light because I find it doesn't blend or look right when applied to any healing acne. It provides a very sheer coverage and although I trust Neutrogena with my acne and sensitive skin, I bought the wrong shade so this product didn't turn out for me. And I didn't see how it was "clearing my skin" but maybe it's subtle?
 Okay this one below is the Maybelline Fit Me and I have the shade Medium (25). Although it looks really dark in the photo, it is actually the colour of the swatch (sorry this was the lighting issue). It's very liquidy and on me, I think it provides a medium to full coverage. The only thing I would worry about for this concealer is that it is VERY liquid (just look at the sheen on the doe foot applicator rod) and you'd need to set it with powder after application. Because I typically use the Neutrogena concealer for any skin problems, I mainly use this concealer under my eyes. I don't actually have much of dark eye circles in the first place (YAY) but sometimes you still want that brightness under your eyes, you know what I mean?
 So from looking at the swatch, you can see how the Maybelline Fit Me is very much a liquid concealer and this is the true colour of Medium (25). Although the Neutrogena concealer seems to brighten up my skin and disappear in this photo, the colour on my inner forearm is MUCH different than the colour on my face but it shows the true colour of the product.
So I don't know what this post is, since its not technically a review yet somehow I started reviewing my items... So I hope you enjoyed my blab and that it may be beneficial for you or at least not boring! :)

I LIKE THE MAYBELLINE ONE MORE! And it is also used by makeup professionals such as Marlena from Makeup Geek!  

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise