Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Maybelline EyeStudio Hyper Diamonds Eyeshadow

Welcome to day 2! Today I'll be reviewing the Maybelline EyeStudio Hyper Diamonds Eyeshadow. So as you can see just from the picture below, this palette is really glittery and shimmery for the small size (its about 3 by 3 inches) and it comes with one of those classic sponge applicators. The packaging itself is really cute and innovative but on one of those days where I'm too lazy to pull out a brush, it's a bit annoying to try to stab my finger in there to get some colour. It leaves the exact space for your finger to touch down once maybe.
 So the palette has 5 eyeshadows. The top one is black with specks of gold shimmer, the V-shaped one below it is a shimmery champagne, the triangle on the right side is a shimmery orangy-bronze, the triangle on the left side is a shimmery medium brown and the triangle on the bottom is pure gold. As a whole, the shadows give a decent amount of pigment but I swatched it a few times in order for the pigment on my wrist to show the right colour. I would also say that the top (black) and bottom (gold) are both very chalky and are practically pushed-down pigment. When I first opened the palette, I had to use my nail to scratch some of the gold out before it began being like a normal eyeshadow. The other three colours, however, are nice, creamy and pigmented at first touch. They're also very buildable colours because although they're not super dark and dramatic, it can occasionally be used to blend or as a transition shade.
Overall, the palette is decent. I bought mine in Hong Kong for approximately $77 ($11ish CDN) but now I just figured it out that its only so expensive because I bought the Japanese exclusive version, which explains why I don't know the name of the palette, and the back ingredients and stuff is all in Japanese... Well the only difference between the Japanese and American ones is that the top eyeshadow is black in the Japan one and a deep brown in the American one. Not much of a difference, it's not like I use this palette much anyway.. So yeah, this palette is average of drugstore ones, I would probably recommend spending your money on other drugstore products unless you're dying for a shimmer-explosion kind of palette, but the packaging is still cute (even though its more annoying than useful)...

Overall: 3/5

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise