Wednesday, March 19, 2014

CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pots in Molten Black and Red-Hot

Hello!! Welcome to another day (3) of my daily makeup review blogging!! So what I'm reviewing today is the CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pots. So this collection by CoverGirl was originally inspired after the Hunger Games: Catching Fire and the minute I heard about it, I was completely obsessed with buying it because if you look at their website, all of the capitol looks are so awesome! So I bought two: Molten Black (300) and Red Hot (345). Let's start with all the in-depth stuff...

Packaging: Okay so again, its average packaging. It's clean, simple and gets the point across that it's a CoverGirl product. The only thing I don't like is that the lid screws of really easily so if you toss it around in your bag at some point, the lid might come off by itself. That's never happened to me personally, but I swear it probably will happen to someone at some point. 
So I took off the lids and the first impression of the shadows: wow that's glittery. I honestly didn't expect the glitter and if you take a peek at the looks that the CoverGirl team created (such as District 8), there's no shimmer in the looks and they're quite pigmented if you look at the photo.
Molten Black: a black shimmer
Red-Hot: a pink shimmer with gold specks
 So I tapped my finger into Molten Black...
 And....... it turned out awful. LOOK AT MY FINGER! THE HORRIBLE PIGMENTATION IS SITTING THERE.
 So I tapped my finger into the Red-Hot (the name is misleading, it's pink!) and the tip of my finger caught some pigment but the rest did not. Like, come on! That's horrible, CoverGirl!
 So I tried to swatch it on my arm and eventually, I got this much out of it (but my skin isn't that pale...) by the time I got this much pigment on my arm, my fingers were COVERED in pigment that doesn't stick - refer to second picture. They're really pretty colours but are they not going to stick? They stick to themselves but not to skin... great.

So overall, if you haven't noticed already, I kind of hate this shadow. If you look at when I took off the lids for the shadows, Red-Hot has a lot of powder sitting on the top so there's quite a bit of fall out and as you saw, no pigmentation!! I don't want to waste my Urban Decay Primer Potion on it but apparently I might need to because this does not stick to skin. I've done all of my reviews so far without the Primer Potion and if I'm going to use the $20ish product, I'd rather not waste it on products that need it rather than products that are already fabulous and just need an extra boost. These cost about $4 US and $5 CDN. 

Overall: 1.5/5 

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise