Sunday, March 30, 2014

Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black

Hello random reader who happens to stumble upon my blog (or it could be Jenika), I've decided to do a spontaneous review of the Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner and I have the "shade" Blackest Black (is black a shade?) I promise this post has less writing than last time!


Okay I opened the lid and this is what I got: ITS PERFECT AHHHHH sorry I'm weird but I love how its completely untouched and its a perfect little product. Unlike eyeshadows, you can easily tell whether or not a gel liner has been used (woohoo mine hasn't!)
So even though it's in the glass jar, you're actually only getting this much product. After using the eyeliner, man I can tell why people can really love it! It's a nice and creamy formula that goes on the lid (and hand) really well and has amazing pigmentation, this truly is blackest black. 
 It comes with an applicator! It's not my favourite thing in the world because I prefer a slanted eyeliner brush when it comes to my gel eyeliner but it would get the job done if you didn't have one.


Okay so I used three different brushes to see how the application would go. On the furthest left, I used the RealTechniques angled brow brush (sorry, not for my brows) then in the middle I used a brush that I got at Sasa in Hong Kong and then on the right is the applicator that comes with the eyeliner.
Wow lighting change! Well as you can see, the lines are all completely different but the product itself is the same. The RealTechniques line does have the extreme pigmentation in a single line but since it's relatively soft, there's a softer edge around the eyeliner that I don't necessarily care for. Then my Sasa brush created a nice and thick line with good pigmentation and no softness but I screwed up the straightness of it. Then the applicator on the right has a thin line but I find that the applicator got put on too much product right away on the top part of my line so I tried using it to distribute the product which led to the faded line. Meh.
The eyeliner claims to be smudgeproof and waterproof. Okay so I didn't test out the waterproof.... BUT it's definitely not smudge proof! I suggest putting black eyeshadow with the same slanted eyeliner brush to set the liner and make sure it doesn't crease or anything. Pressed/translucent powder might work too!
This product is almost always compared to the Bobbi Brown one which I haven't tried but honestly, this one is so much more worth it. This Maybelline one is about a quarter of the Bobbi Brown one and you're essentially getting the same thing. Most of the time, high-end-ish products end up nothing like drugstore ones but Maybelline does a pretty good job overall. Okay here's the end! So overall, I really like this product. It goes on really creamily (if that's a word) and has amazing black pigmentation in my opinion. 
xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise