Monday, May 12, 2014

Sleek MakeUP Oh So Special Palette - First Impression!

Hi people! Okay so it's been a long time since my last review on... Maybelline Eye Studio gel liner? Well, I just finished my AP biology exam this morning so after sitting around after school, I decided to write something different for people, like my first impressions! Okay so today's palette is a little different and it's called the iDivine Oh So Special Palette by Sleek MakeUP. My sister actually came back from London a little over a week ago and she brought this, among other things, back for me (I had to research and put in a request!) so I was and still am pretty excited about this! Let's get started...

General Info: Sleek MakeUP is a brand that originated in the UK. I asked my sister to buy it for me from Superdrug in London but Superdrug is a drugstore place so this is pretty much a drugstore item. For those of us who don't live in the UK, you can buy it online at Sleek's official website (here) and if you're one of those gals who like online shopping, then this is great. 

Packaging: Sleek's iDivine palette collection all have black sleek cases like this even though the box outside (not shown here) is slightly different per palette. By looking online, I thought this would be a huge palette like Urban Decay Naked Palette size but I was so off! It's about the size of my hand which makes it great and easy to throw into my bag if I were to do touch ups and whatnot.

 This is what the inside of the palette looks like. As you can see, there's a pretty big mirror (sorry about the ceiling fan) and then the 12 shadows on the bottom. In this palette, we have Bow, Pamper, Organza, Gateau, Ribbon, The Mail, Gift Basket, Boxed, Glitz, Wrapped Up, Celebrate and Noir.
As you can see from below, this palette really is brand new. Sleek tends to make their eyeshadows with a grid look when they're brand new so if you look really close, it's untouched!
Let's go over the shadows individually...
Bow - matte light tan colour (can be considered skin colour for fair-skinned ladies)
Pamper - matte bubble gum pink
Organza - metallic pink
Gateau - metallic lavender
Ribbon - matte coral, reminds me of MAC Free to Be
The Mail - matte camel colour (what I call true tan)
Gift Basket - metallic bronze
Boxed - matte light brown
Glitzed - metallic "cerulean frost"*
Wrapped Up - matte dark chocolate/cocoa/coffee (dark brown) colour
Celebrate - metallic "byzantium" colour*
Noir - matte black
* = sorry, I had to go through a colour dictionary to find out how exactly you can describe it, it gets boring if you call everything light or dark!

So I'm still a pretty bad swatcher.... but I got the job done and I put in some extra effort with the words this time! I think my swatches were good but my camera didn't capture them properly! In this photo, I got a picture of the majority of the shades EXCEPT although pamper is light, it's not that light! It's a beautiful almost baby pink shade that I plan on using sometime! 
Because my hand makes the shades around my thumb look awful, i retook them from side view! 
And this one below is Celebrate, it looked bad in all photos because it was on my index knuckle which is probably the most cracked and dry out of my entire hand.. Here is looks somewhat brown but it's actually a metallic dark purple (thats what byzantium is)!
GOSH I really love those colours! Looking at the colours in itself, you can create soooooo many different looks with this palette! All of the colours are great in pigmentation (although the Bow and Pamper aren't as pigmented compared to the others) and when you touch it, the eyeshadows feel buttery! Not powdery or chalky but buttery! Overall.... IM SO EXCITED TO PLAY AROUND WITH THIS PALETTE!!

xoxo, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise