Friday, February 28, 2014

CoverGirl Eye Enhancing Quad in Coffee Shop

Hi everybody! It's been a while since I posted so I thought I would upload something for you guys (aka whoever just happens to stumble upon my blog hehehe) so today I'll be reviewing the CoverGirl Eye Enhancing Quad in Coffee Shop. This review will be relatively shorter than the others but let's just get started! 

Packaging:
 I think this product is relatively old (it's not on Covergirl's website anymore?) but the packaging overall is very clean and simple: clear cover with silvery metallic back cover. It's not one of the absolute best packaging ideas but it gets the job done. The only negative part of the packaging is that the plastic sticker seal where you open it. If you rip it off, which is extremely tempting, you might forget what shade the quad is in especially since it's not listed on their official website anymore. If you want to preserve the label/name/shade then you need to it cut with scissors (more effort).
 So after you lift up the lid, this is what the shadows look like. In order from the furthest left: a dark matte brown, metallic bronze/copper, metallic gold, and matte pale ivory.
 (sorry i did it opposite compared to the original quad)

I didn't do much reviewing along the way so here's everything: all of the shadows have a nice texture, it's not chunky and there's pretty much no fallout! They all also have really good pigmentation except for the gold which is really disappointing because it's a beautiful colour. Overall, the shadows are a good range and are pretty good for drugstore products. I think it's a good quad for a beginner to start out with because you can eventually use these shades in different looks once you master the craft and I think this quad is probably my favourite out of all the drugstore quads I've ever found. You can buy this at Walmart, London Drugs, Target for about $6.49 in Canada but I bought mine for $4.99 in the US. :)

Compared to Drugstore Brands 4.5/5
OVERALL: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise