Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Cherry Me and Pink Punch

Hello again people! I'm bored and I don't necessarily have homework for school tomorrow so why not post another review? This time, I'll be reviewing the Maybelline Baby Lips which is like a tinted lip balm. Shall we get started? 

Packaging: 
The packaging is nice I guess, it's simple and clean. I like how they write BABY LIPS in a different colour but in some of the shades that I don't have, the colours don't feel well matched up. For example the ones I have below are Cherry Me (015) and Pink Punch (025), Cherry Me on the left have an odd combination because who would pair an orange tube with red writing? It just seems like a bad decision...

So the first shade/colour I'll be talking about is Cherry Me. I've been using this lipbalm for almost a year and as seen below, there's still so much product left in the tube! The first picture below the tube is what my lips usually look like and the picture below that is what it looks like when I put Baby Lips on. It's not like bright red but there's enough colour to make your lips pop without it being overwhelming. Another thing that I LOVE about Baby Lips is that the lip balms have an amazing scent! This cherry one actually smells like cherry candy and even when I don't apply the lipbalm, I smell it sometimes... shhh...


 Next, this is Pink Punch. As you can see from the picture, its VERY pink (tube & product) and also has a scent that reminds me of strawberries. It's generally a very "sweet" scent but it doesn't apply as nicely as the cherry version.
 This is what it looks like when I have the Pink Punch on my lips and obviously, its not as bold as the cherry. This does give my lips a lighter colour though, if I'm going for a smokey eye and need to keep my lips minimal.

This is what the lip balms look like on my arm where Pink Punch is on the left and Cherry Me is on the right.
Overall, these lip balms are drugstore products so although they're not the perfect lip item, it'd be a good idea to have if you're a high school student or someone relatively young.They're cheap and although they are probably not as hydrating as Maybelline advertises them to be, they do a good job compared to the other drugstore products out there. However, both smell GREAT and give a cute little pop of colour that are great for daily use.

Cherry Me: 4.5/5
Pink Punch: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise