Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review: Laneige Volume Setting Mascara

Hello blogsphere! I am here with a review! I would apologize for my absence since my last post but since I changed up the look of it, the date is no longer displayed MUAHAHAHAHAH okay moving on I'm reviewing the Laneige Volume Setting Mascara

So I have been informed that Laneige is sold in Target USA, no? Well well, good for you Korean makeup brand! Laneige is like the "Dior of South Korea" in my opinion, based on typical quality and prices. Now this mascara is called the volume setting mascara. But when I tried it, I saw no change for volume but DEFINITELY for length. I have pretty long eyelashes but these made my eyelashes look sooo long that it looked very unnatural. But that's only because I already have the length and I just want additional volume. Another issue I have with this mascara is that it tends to group eyelashes together. I also have a lot of eyelashes (yay natural volume and length and curl) so when I saw that it made my lashes disappear and look like there's less, that was disappointing. It's supposed to give volume not take it away... Another disappointing thing about the mascara is that it clumps. I don't know if it's just because I've had the mascara for about a year (yeah yeah yeah there's germs but it's not like I use mascara everyday or share mascaras btw to whoever is reading this, never ever EVER share mascara!) but because I usually go a couple coats onto my lashes, sometimes a small black glob will attach to my lashes and make me sad :( if you haven't noticed yet, this is practically a post of negative things :/ sooo next, I find that the mascara doesn't hold my curl very well. I think it might be my eyelash curler (the Shu Uemura S Curler aka the small eyelash curler) because I don't like how I have to curl in sections but this mascara always straightens my eyelashes.... My aunt (a different one than the one who bought me my Shu Uemura collection) bought this as a gift and although I thank her for it, I personally wouldn't repurchase again. Strange how the mascara is specifically made for volume yet it did the opposite for me....

PROS:
-makes lashes pure black (help with blending into falsies?)
-lengthens lashes
CONS:
-takes away volume (maybe because I've already got the maximum volume natually??)
-leaves clumps on mascara
-doesn't hold curl very well

Rating : 1.5/5 

xoxo, Michelle (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise